Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cakes of Yore: Mousse Cakes, Mousse Cakes, Mousse Cakes!

I have a long, loving history with the mousse cake. It is my favorite dessert to make and consume, and as a result I keep coming back to it. Since mousse is essentially poetry in food form, I will recount my past with this delightful confection in haiku. Ahem.

Part One: Culinary School and Learning

Lemon Mousse Dome

Culinary school
I entered you and I learned
The ways of mousse cakes

Raspberry Mango Mousses

Unfortunately
I had not learned how to fold
Egg whites in well. Oops.

Awkward.

Eventually
I got pretty darn good, though
So thanks for that, man

S'mores Mousse, Cracker Ice Cream in a Sugar Bowl

Part Two: An Ode to Mousse Cakes

Oh, mousse cake, you cad
You come in so many forms
Like in a neat roll

Mango Passionfruit Roll

Or even in a
Big skinny chocolate cup
See, like this one here!

Espresso Mousse, Hazelnut Crunch, Chocolate Rum Sauce
I have wrapped you up
In ladyfinger blankets
topped in fruit. Cozy.

Fruit Mousse Charlotte

I've made you tear shaped
And piped lemons on your side
I am cool that way.

Lemon Raspberry Mousse

There is no limit
To your fancy fanciness.
Videogames. Bam.

Mango Passionfruit Mousse



2 comments:

  1. Those look delightful! I love me some chocolate mousse cake, I have one every year on my birthday. I'm especially intrigued by the s'mores mousse. I love all things s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate mousse is pretty much a classic. I'm not much of a chocolate person, but even I'm pretty fond of it!

      Delete